Cart

No products

Shipping 0,00 €
Total 0,00 €

Prices are tax included

Cart Check out

Search

PORTELL ROSAT D'AGULLA 2018 75cl

4,25 € tax incl.

944

Add to cart

Portell Rosat d'Agulla.

 

Type

Sparkling Rosé Wine


Grape variety

100% Trepat


Production

The Natural Sparkling Rosé Wine is elaborated from a careful selection of the best musts of the variety Trepat that after a second natural fermentation with the best technology gives us a delicious wine of elegant bubble.

Sparkling rosé wine by natural fermantation


Tasting note

It is characteristic for its shining currant color with fresh aromas and slightly spicy. On the palate it is fruity and it has a fresh pearl that gives it vivacity.


Alcohol content

11,0 % vol.

 

Sarral is located in the middle of the Conca de Barberà, region of rooted wine tradition. The Roman archaeological rest found in Sarral certify the existence of this culture in which the wines had a great importance. But it will not be until the Medium Ages that the culture of the vine will have a paper of first order. A differentiating quality characteristic is the paper which had the monks of the established Cister and the Temple in the region, which transmitted its experience.

 

The cultivation of the wine took another step of giant from the half of XIX century. The export of wine and brandy towards the north of Europe and the American continent turned the wine in the almost exclusive cultivation. The phylloxera, would ruin that time of splendor completely.


The misery woke up the creativity, the farmers were associated and known to resurge with renewed push creating the first "Societies"; fruit of the collective effort to unify the works and to be able to surpass a desperate economic situation, would be the embryos of agrarian cooperativism, that in Sarral begins to root to the last years of XIX century with the creation of the Society of agricultural workers, which became in 1907 in the Agricultural Union. Later in 1913, another organization was constituted in the village that was denominated Union of Viticultors. In 1959 the two organizations merged with the name of Cooperativa Vinícola de Sarral.

The beginning of the elaboration of cavas and wines bottled during the first Eighties (the construction of the first cava, for example, dates from 1984); later they went extending and modernizing the facilities first with the elaboration of cavas, and years later, calm wines, later it was followed with one of the particularitities of the company: the wines of needle by natural fermentation, with one of the few plants of elaboration of this sparkling wine that we have in our country.


Vinícola de Sarral SCCL has located its facilities, that in several stages have been extending and modernizing, around the modernist warehouse constructed in 1914, in a 12,000 m2 parcel that at the present time occupies all the enclosure, where the diverse constructions are located: the outer warehouses, offices situated in an old modernist reformed mill, cavas, warehouses, deposits, the agroshop open to the public every day, etc, united by two inner squares that distribute the set.

 

It accounts with more than 100 deposits of different volumes, with a total capacity superior to the 9.000.000 of liters. The warehouses are equipped with the last technology to deal wines with the maximum care from the reception of the grape to the bottle, with methods of elaboration of wines and cavas based on the modern enology and with the maximum respect to the environment


.000m2 of underground facilities where up to 2 million bottles of cava rest in second fermentation and the rooms of raising in bottles and raising in barrels of oak.

The modern bottling plant accounts with a isobarometric filler, covers, lavelers, packers, etc. Being means of production in constant evolution to facilitate at any moment the control necessary to guarantee in the most demanding markets the maximum quality of our products. Following a philosophy oriented towards the future, with will of technical progress but without forgetting our centennial history.


The warehouse constructed in 1914 under the auspices of the Mancomunidad de Catalunya is work of illustrious architect Pere Domènech i Roble, fruit of the shared in common effort of the local peasantry to raise a rational building, of great architectonic value, pioneering as far as the incorporation to the agrarian industry of technical specifications, constructive and enological.


It consists of a great room of tubs and barrels with a total capacity of 18,000 hl. With one engine room in the back of the building with the reception wharf and devices for entrance and pressed of the grape harvest.


Named by Angel Guimerà as one of the "Cathedrals of Wine", due to its magnificence and to its distribution in plant, with a higher center body and lower wings in the style of the old Roman basilicas, with the pressure water tank as a bell tower, separated by rows of columns that confers a pleasant sensation of amplitude and luminosity.


Externally discreet construction, constructed in stone in the base or socle, stucco walls, with brick decoration in windows and cornices, tends to the sobriety compared with the facades of contemporary constructions but is in its interior, that maintains in perfect state the original elements, where is appraised all its splendor.







  • Añada Producto de consumo inmediato
  • Reference E01171890201